Microsoft Windows 10 is a stunningly powerful and aesthetically amazing operating system. But it does come with few limitations of its own.
For example, it hides some files and AppData automatically for security purpose. However, for someone such as me, a geek, I would like to view all my settings and files which are hidden.
If you also want to view all the hidden files and folders on your Windows 10, please refer the below guide.
How to View Hidden Files and Folders on Windows 10?
Here, in this article, we are going to reveal two straightforward methods that will aid you to resolve your stated query.
Option1: Using Control Panel
The first option to view hidden files and folders on your Windows 10 machine is with the help of Control Panel.
Changing settings in Control Panel will be reflected in the entire system, and you will be able to view all hidden files and folders.
Steps to follow:
- Press Windows + X key. A menu will pop-up. Navigate to Control Panel from here. If you
don’t see it, just type Control Panel in the search box located on the bottom.
- In order to view settings properly go to the top-right corner on your screen. You will see a ‘View by’ written here. Click on ‘Category’ and select ‘Large icons’ option.
- Search for ‘File Explorer Options’ or ‘Folder Options’ from the all the icons available on your screen.
- On clicking ‘File Explorer Options’, you will be presented with a pop-up menu. Navigate to the ‘View’ tab.
- Navigate to the ‘Hidden files and folders’ setting under the View tab. Change the selection from ‘Don’t show hidden files’ to ‘Show hidden files.’ Also, uncheck the ‘Hide protected operating system files’ option.
- When you uncheck this option, a pop-up will appear. Click on ‘Yes’ to confirm this option.
- After changing these settings, you must save it. Click on ‘Ok’ and then ‘Apply’ button located at the bottom to save these settings.
Option2: Using Windows Registry
Steps to follow:
- Press Windows + R key to run Registry. When a dialog pop-up type ‘regedit’ and press Enter.
- Navigate to the following location: (HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software- >Microsoft->Windows- >Current Version->Explorer-
- Double click on the Hidden option and change the value to ‘1’ in order to view the hidden
files and folders on your desktop and click on ‘OK’ to save the change.
Congratulation, you have done.
If you follow the aforementioned steps to the point you will be able to access all hidden files and folders without any glitch. Also, you will be able to view the protected setting files and folders which were initially hidden.