With Internet becoming famous more and more people are learning from videos and other means, and not only for learning but internet is used to watch movies, watch TV Shows. Still there are many videos which are available offline which one cannot view with Chromecast which is one of the best online streaming service from Google. Chromecast being a device from Google is quite famous and many people use the same to daily stream from YouTube and other services.
Streaming from YouTube is quite easy but if you need to stream your personal video on to the TV so that you can watch the moments with your family members, then it is quite tough. Today we will be looking forward to the procedure to stream from VLC to Chromecast. VLC is the best media player for windows and support a really wide range of codecs to play videos recorded or downloaded.
VLC Media Player updated to 3.0
Now in order to start with streaming via the VLC Media Player you need to have the 3.0 Version or above installed on your laptop or PC. Do make sure you have the latest version of VLC Media Player Installed. Another important thing you will need is a Chromecast device on which we will be streaming the content which will be connected to your HDMI supported Television.The Chromecast device and the PC or Laptop must be connected over the same network
How to stream from VLC Media Player to Chromecast
Follow the steps in order to start streaming from your PC via the VLC Media Player:
- Switch on the Television and the Chromecast.
- Now open the VLC Media Player on your system.
- Currently if you right click on the black area you will not get the Cast icon in the VLC Window. In order to get the cast icon you will have to head to the Playback tab and select Render which will be scanning.
- As the Chromecast appears in the menu select the same.
- Once you select the Renderer you will now have to open the file which you need to play or cast on your Television via Chromecast.
- As you will play the file there will be a warning with “Insecure site” prompt, in order to proceed you will have to click on View Certificate.
- The Dialogue box will update and now you will have to Accept the same you can either do this for a Permanent basis or can accept for just 24 hours which is totally your choice.
- Once you agree the video which you chose will start casting on your Television via Chromecast.
You will be able to use the Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind, and other controls from your System on the VLC Window. You can get certain issues with streaming the Video files such as Audio DE-synced and even the video might miss certain frames. Currently this feature is in Beta and testing so you must send feedback to VideoLAN so they can improve the same in the future versions.
Do let us know in the comment section below about your experience streaming the Videos on the Chromecast via the above method.