Alright, so you want to know How to configure Remote Assistance in Windows 10 and that’s the reason you are here, well you have landed on the right page as in this post we will guide you on How to configure Remote Assistance in Windows 10. But first of all, let us learn a bit about Remote Assistance in Windows 10.
Remote Assistance in Windows 10
While in a network, Remote Assistance works as a communication media between the Computers in a Network, it is most commonly used to fix a client’s problem remotely with the help of Remote Assistance. Though Remote Assistance can be used in any kind of network, it is not so good enough for WAN (Wide Area Network).
In case, you want to learn more about Remote Assistance in Windows 10, then you can read it on the official page of Windows Remote Assistance on Microsoft’s Website.
How to configure Remote Assistance in Windows 10
In order to Configure Remote Assistance in Windows 10, you need to follow these steps carefully on Client’ PC:
On Client’s PC:
- Click on Start Button on your Windows and type in “RUN” to open a Run Window.
- Now enter “Sysdm.cpl” in the Windows Run and Press Enter key to open System Properties.
- Here, click on the Remote tab and check the RA (Remote Assistance) Option from the list.
- Here, Click on “Apply” and “OK” Button to save the changes made.
- Now, to enable RA on a Network, Go to Control Panel >> Windows Firewall >> and click on “Allow an app or feature through firewall“.
- Now, click on Change Settings, here select Remote Assistance and select both the Options, that is both Private and Public.Till here, the Remote Assistance or RA has been enabled on your Windows 10, the next step(s) is to send an invitation to the third person or professional on another Computer on the same Network to help or assist you.
- Now, Open Control Panel >> System and Security, here under System, select Launch Remote Assistance to open the Windows Remote Assistance Page.
- Here, click on Invite someone you trust to help you.
- Now, select Save this invitation as a file and save it somewhere on your PC.
- It is the time to send the third Person or Professional this Invitation File along with the displayed Password.
On Third Party/ Professional’s PC:
Now go to the third party of Professional’s PC and follow these steps carefully in order to properly configure Remote Assistance.
- Open the Invitation File you just received from the Client’s PC and enter the Password provided by the Client.
- You’ll get a Message in a Pop Up Window. Just Click on “Yes” to allow the PC to connect to another PC on the Network.
That’s just about it guys, now the third party or Professional’s PC should be able to Remotely Control and operate your PC with the help of Remote Assistance on Windows 10.
In case, you are facing any errors, stuck anywhere or have any questions related to How to configure Remote Assistance in Windows 10, then feel free to leave them in the Comments Section down below, we would love to answer them.