In this post, we will discuss “How to Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager”.
Realtek HD Drivers are without a doubt the best sound drivers to customize sound settings in Windows. You can change sound settings as per your wish with Realtek HD Audio Manager. When you install Realtek Audio driver, Realtek HD Audio Manager is installed along with it.
If Realtek HD Audio Manager is missing your device then it might be because the audio driver may be corrupt. The problem is most likely to occur when you upgrade to Windows 10. If you are facing this problem then you can solve it by reinstalling Realtek HD Audio Manager. There are multiple methods to do it and we will have a look at all the methods one by one.
Method 1: Manually Download Realtek Audio Driver
In order to install Realtek HD Audio manager, you can manually download Realtek Audio Driver. After you have downloaded and installed Realtek Audio Driver, you will be able to get Realtek HD Audio Manager. Follow the below mentioned procedure to download it:
- Visit the official website of Realtek Audio Driver. Thereafter, accept the terms and conditions by marking the “I accept to the above“ option and then click on the Next Button.
- You will now be redirect to the download page of the driver. A list of drivers will be there and you need to click “Global” then download either the 32 bit or the 64 bit driver based on your operating system specs.
- Once the download is completed, open the downloaded setup file and follow all the required steps in the setup wizard.
This was the first method to reinstall Realtek HD Audio manager. Let us now have a look at the alternative method.
Method 2: Using 3rd Party Tools
If you don’t feel like following a lengthy process like the one mentioned above then you can install Realtek HD Audio Manager automatically as well. To do so, you need to use a 3rd party driver updating software. An example of this type of software would be driver easy tool. It automatically downloads and updates drivers in Windows 10.
By using such tools, you can install Realtek HD Audio Manager automatically. However, we would still recommend you to follow the first method as it is more safe and secure. Anyway, here is how you can install Realtek HD Audio Manager with Driver Easy:
- The first step is to Download and install Driver Easy. You can download Driver Easy from here.
- Now open Driver Easy and click on “Scan Now” option. Driver Easy will scan your PC and detect all the driver errors.
- You will see Realtek Audio Driver as flagged. Click the “Update” button next to it and then DriverEasy will automatically download and reinstall the driver.
- Realtek HD Audio Manager would be installed if the Realtek Audio Driver successfully installed. If you are not sure whether it installed then go to Control Panel and view items by “Large icons” and see if you can find Realtek HD Audio Manager there.
- If are unable to find Realtek HD Audio Manager there then go to C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe. Double-click and open Realtek HD Audio Manager.
So, this was the second procedure to download or reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager. If you are using the driver then sometimes you may face issues. We thought of addressing some of the common Realtek HD Audio Manager issues. Check out How to Fix HD Audio Manager Issues in Windows 10 below:
How to fix Realtek hd audio manager issues in windows 10
Realtek HD audio manager users often report some errors and issues faced by them while using the driver. Below are some of the ways to fix Realtek HD Audio Manager issues in Windows 10.
Method 1: Update Realtek hd audio driver
- First of all, you need to make sure that the problem is caused by the driver or not. You can check the status of the audio driver in Device Manager. To check, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Run Dialog box by pressing windows key+r at once
- In the dialog box, Type devmgmt.msc and press OK.
- Device Manager will now open and then you need to locate “Sound, video and game controllers” category. Expand the category and there you will be able to see Realtek High Definition Audio.
- Right click on “Realtek High Definition Audio” and then select update driver Software from the list.
- A window will pop up mentioning ” How do you want to search for driver software”. Select
“search automatically for updated driver software”.
- If the driver is up to date then move on to the next procedure but if not then update it and restart your PC.
Method 2: Add legacy hardware
In case the above procedure doesn’t work for you, you can use the below mentioned method to fix Realtek HD Audio Manager issues. Here is the second method:
- Before installing the driver, add legacy hardware to fix issues. Go to Device Manager > click Action and then click on “Add legacy hardware”.
- Now you need to follow some basics steps to add “Sound, video and game controllers” branch and then “Realtek High Definition audio device”.
- Then install the Realtek HD Audio driver again and this will most likely fix the issue.
Method 3: Fix driver conflicts
Realtek HD Audio Manager issues may also be caused due to driver conflicts. To fix any possible driver conflicts, follow the steps mentioned below:
- The very first step is to open “Device Manager” and then expand the System Devices branch.
- Locate Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio and disable it. To do so, Right click on the device and then click Disable.
- Thereafter, Go to Programs and Features and find Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. As soon as you are able to find Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, uninstall it.
- Once again, go to Device Manager and uninstall the disabled Microsoft Driver.
- Finally reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager and then restart your PC or Laptop.
So, this was the third method to fix the issue. If everything else fails, the only option you have left is to reinstall Windows. It can be frustrating but reinstalling Windows 10 will definitely fix it.