Driver power state failure is a very common BSOD error that is caused when the computer or device goes into sleep mod while you’re still using it. It can occur when the computer goes to sleep or is brought back out of sleep.
Due to this error, the computer gets struck on a blue display with a message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. If you too are facing this error and are looking for a method to fix driver power state failure in windows 10, here’s a short tutorial that will help you do so.
Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the Drivers
In order to uninstall the drivers with errors, the very first thing you’ll have to do is, reboot your PC. After rebooting, go to safe mod. We’ve explained two methods below in order to take your PC to safe mod; first method is for those who’re facing problem with rebooting their device whereas people who are able to reboot their device without a problem can go for the second method.
After going to safe mod, you’ll have to go to the device manager and check for driver status. If you can see a yellow mark right next to the driver, uninstall the driver. Here’s a short tutorial to help you solve the error:-
Step 1: Enter Safe Mod
Before entering the safe mod, you’ll have to reboot your device. Some users will be able to reboot their device successfully without facing any problem whereas some won’t be able to do the same. Below is the tutorial for both the cases:
(A) If you’re not able to reboot the device successfully:
- Firstly, reboot your PC.
- When you reboot your PC, you can see that the system is preparing automatic repair. After the automatic repair, a newStartup Repair window will appear. If the window doesn’t appear, restart your PC atleast two times until the window appears.
- Now, click onadvanced options and the display will be directed to Windows RE.
- Click on troubleshootand select advanced options.
- At last, click on startup settings and then click on “restart”. You will be able to reboot your PC successfully with this method.
- Now, for entering the safe mod, press 4 key and it will enable safe mod.
(B) If you’re able to reboot your PC successfully
- Go to the run command and typemsconfig. After entering it, click OK.
- Select the boot options located on the left top.
- Now, check the safe boot option and click OK.
- At last, reboot your device your PC will now enter in safe mod.
Step 2: Uninstall the drivers
- Go to the properties by right clicking through your mouse and selecting the properties option.
- Now, select device manager.
- Check whether any hardware drivers have a yellow mark right next to them.
- If there are hardware drivers with yellow mark, uninstall them.
Step 3: Check for Updates
Once you’ve entered the safe mod and uninstalled the drivers with errors, reinstalling them is what’s left. At last, you’ll need to reinstall/update the drivers. Here’s how you can do it:-
- Go to Settings. Now, select system and security. You can do that through control panel as well.
- Now, click on update and security and selectwindows update.
- At last, click on check for updates.
Method 2: System Restore
If the above method didn’t work and you’re still facing the driver power state failure, you can go for system restore. System restore is basically restoring a previous Windows OS version on your PC. Restoring an older OS version can fix driver power state failure error in windows 10. This method is only recommended if the above method fail to solve the problem.
If your error is solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, you shouldn’t go for system restore. But, if uninstalling the driver is of no use, restore your OS to a previous version. Here’s how you can do it:-
- Go to properties. You can do so by right clicking on the desktop through your mouse and selecting the “properties” option.
- Now, go to system protection and selectchoose system restore.
- At last, click on next and wait until the restoring procedure finishes. Once the system is restored, the driver power state failure error is probably solved.
Driver power state failure is a very common error that is caused due to incompatible drivers. When the drivers are incompatible with the hardware device, you can face this error. In this error, a blue display appears on the computer with a message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which can be caused when a computer is put on sleep or is taken out of the sleep mod.
There are two methods through which the error can possibly be solved. The first method will require you to uninstall the error causing drivers in safe mod and reinstalling them. However, if you go for the second method, you’ll have to restore your Windows OS to a previous version. One of the two methods will surely help you fix diver power state failure error.